Timothy Christian School exists to give students a firm foundation in knowledge and faith, equipping them to impact their community.
Building Knowledge. Building Faith. Building Community.
A few years ago we gave each student a special book that is their Faith Journey Journal. It is a place for them to write and draw their thoughts about their faith.
Three times during the year the students are asked to respond to a question about their faith.
- How is God like a friend?
- Why does God want to have a relationship with us?
- What things can I do regularly that will help me to develop a relationship with God?
- What do I believe? What do I have doubts about?
- What difference does it make for me that Jesus is supreme and in control of all things?
As the students grow and change their Faith Journey Journal goes with them. They can look back at what they thought when they were in Kindergarten or Grade 1 and see how their faith is growing.
Faith Journey Journals are providing students with a tangible way to think about their faith.
We pray that their faith will grow and that they will use who they are in Christ to be a blessing to others.
We echo the words of the apostle Paul, who wrote in Colossians 1, “We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God”