This year we offered an elective in Curling.
With Mrs. VanDyke, 6 students went each week to the curling rink in Winchester where they learned how to play a new sport. Volunteers from the curling club taught the students how to curl and gave them a lot of encouragement along the way.
Here are some of their thoughts about what they learned:
- I want to learn more about curling. I had a problem with throwing the rock, but all was fine.
- I think that I should concentrate on turning the rock.
- Today we had lots of fun. I love being at the rink. I think I improved on delivering and I learned how to keep track of the score.
- I learned different terms. I learned that they pour hot water on the ice before each game and that’s what makes the bumps.
- I learned how to curl better and better. I got stronger with practicing.
A big thank you to Mrs. VanDyke and the folks from the Winchester Curling Club for making this opportunity possible.